Sunday, March 8, 2009

Historical Quotes

A list of some of my favorite historical quotes...

Marie Antoinette:
-There is nothing new except what has been forgotten.
-I have seen all, I have heard all, I have forgotten all.
-I'm fine, don't worry.
-A son would have belonged to the state, but you shall be mine, and have all my care; you shall share my happiness and soften my sorrows.
-Pardon me, monsieur. It was not on purpose.

Napoleon Bonaparte:
-From the sublime to the ridiculous is but a step.
-Impossible is not in the French language.
-The bullet that will kill me is not yet cast.
-Our hour is marked, and no one can claim a moment of life beyond what fate has predestined.

Voltaire:
-Paradise is where I am.
-Love truth, but pardon error.
-The secret of being a bore is to tell everything.
-To hold a pen is to be at war.
-Opinions have caused more ills than the plague or earthquakes on this little globe of ours.


No comments:

Post a Comment